Can we make any accurate prediction prior to volcanic eruptions? This is actually the main theme of this paper today in which it raises the most common problem that each of us may experience such a difficult time to be able to predict when a volcano is the most likely to erupt. Several volcanologists would provide us with a lot of probabilities that a certain eruption can happen.
However, that statement can never be certain for real, which is supposed to be pretty much like the way that the meteorologists would offer the possibilities about the weather. Occasionally, you’ve heard some news about a high chance of raining, but that day would end up a bright and beautiful time to have a picnic instead.
As you know, most of the volcanologists are known to predict and offer their statements based on the statistical data on the past eruptions by the use of finely tuned instruments such as seismographs. A seismograph is believed to be used to observe even the smallest tremors created by the volcano, and get the rise of magma tracked as well as its moves for the aim of measuring any present activity.
It’s true that every volcano is so special and unique, especially the chain of happenings that can lead to the volcanic eruption. Technologically, the images sent from the satellites and the help of computer models would be such a great help when uncovering that the ground close to the volcano will start to rise and swell within 04 months prior to its actual eruption.
Furthermore, it’s stated that any volcano lying along the mid ocean ridge would erupt as always, and it usually lies underwater to make up new crust. Scientists have studied a lot about the plumbing systems underneath a volcano, which can help them to understand more of the fact that how the planet they’re living can renew the surface. Commonly, a researcher inclines to look into the magma chambers lying underneath a volcano just to understand in what way these chambers channel the magma up to its surface.
- Situated in the Midwest, or along the New Madrid fault, the earthquakes are likely to take place. Why do they happen like that? It’s due to the altered course of the Mississippi River.
- There would be an earthquake taking place in Northern California, and it’s said to happen among the 12th and 16th of May, 2014.
- An emergency case will occur at the International Space Station, which asks for the instant vehicle evacuation. Life losses will be supposedly averted.
Address your concern by sending questions to our inquiry box below when it comes to the main topic “Can We Predict Volcanic Eruptions?”
- how can we predict when a volcano might happen
- how can we predict when a volcano will happen